Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Ahhh.....a 3 day weekend.

What could be better?

Friday: date night. Bob and I went to dinner at IHOP. I had a great omelet and then we watched a good movie at home. Our birds sat on Bob’s shoulders during most of the movie. I think they were frightened by the noise and intensity.

Saturday: I slept in...a very rare occurrence.

I warmed up my leftover omelet from IHOP and had some juice.Then I weeded, transplanted a fern & planted 6 shade plants I received for Mother’s Day. Bob did some clean up and trimming. We filled up the truck with limbs, 6 bags of weeds/grass trimmings & dumped the load in our work dumpster.We visited his grandmother, grandfather and uncle’s graves at Salt Lake Cemetery.Then did the grocery shopping & laundry.

Sunday: I wanted to sleep in, but remembered ward council meeting at 8:45, ward choir at 10:30 then church. I threw some pork in the crock pot, prepared some seasoned potatoes, then I drove to Christy’s Relief Society to hear her lesson

on The Seasons of a Woman’s Life. She did a great job! Then I raced home to go to the Holladay Cemetery where my parents are buried and Wasatch Lawn Cemetery where Bob’s parents and grandparents are buried. Then served dinner for 20. I got to cuddle Lindsay’s new baby, Kimber and Christy’s new puppy, Alea. We always enjoy our family joining us for dinner on Sundays.

Monday: I got to sleep in again! Then went shopping with Heather, Lindsay & her 3 kids. Then went boating with Rob, Shannon, Coleton, Elise & Faith. We had a great time. What a weekend!

1 comment:

  1. WAHOO for sleeping in...I just love when we get the opportunity to do that! Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete